DKM Biaxial geogrid is made of high molecular polymer(PP materials), extruded into sheet and then punched into regular mesh pattern, and finally stretched in longitudinal and transverse directions.
For over 30 years, biaxial geogrids have been utilized in pavement construction and soil stabilization projects throughout the US and worldwide. Dongkai innovative geogrid is made from extruded polypropylene which provides superior stiffness, aperture stability and interlock capabilities for structural reinforcement of paved and unpaved roads.
Lateral spreading of base course aggregate or subbase material is the most critical and common failure in pavement structures. Using Biaxial geogrid stabilizes aggregate soil through confinement and introduces tensile strength, and effectively reduces this spreading. It also allows for an increasing bearing capacity and load support capacity, resulting in improved structural performance and pavement life. Additionally, aggregate thickness can be reduced by 50% with the use of biaxial geogrid.
|Technical Properties Specification|
|Spec / Items||TGSG15-15||TGSG20-20||TGSG25-25||TGSG30-30||TGSG40-40||TGSG45-45||TGSG50-50|
|Minimum Average Tensile Strength MD ≥(KN/m)||15||20||25||30||40||45||50|
|Minimum Average Tensile Strength CD ≥(KN/m)||15||20||25||30||40||45||50|
|Typical strain at M.A..T.S. Longitudinal Direction ≤(%)||15|
|Typical strain at M.A..T.S. Transverse Direction ≤(%)||13|
|Tensile Strength at 2% Strain-Longitudinal ≥(KN/m)||5||7||9||10.5||14||16||17.5|
|Tensile Strength at 2% Strain-Transverse≥(KN/m)||5||7||9||10.5||14||16||17.5|
|Tensile Strength at 5% Strain-Longitudinal ≥(KN/m)||7||14||17||21||28||32||35|
|Tensile Strength at 5% Strain-Transverse≥(KN/m)||7||14||17||21||28||32||35|
|Grid Structure||Extruded Biaxial|
|Carbon Black content||≥2%|
Note:The above showed items are basic and partial items , other models can be produce and provide according to clients details Parameter requirement.
- With high tensile strength in longitudinal and transverse directions
- This structure can provide a chain system to provide more efficient bearing and spreading reinforce for the soft soil.
- Distribution of loads and therefore reduction in stress concentration over the soil.
- The geogrids structural junctions, rigid ribs and thick walls help lock aggregate, increasing its shear resistance.
- As a result when a vertical load is applied the aggregate is restrained by the ribs reducing deformation. (Lateral Restraint)
- Decrease in long term deformation (creep).
- Increase in load distribution. (Bearing Capacity Increase)
- Controls differential settlement.
- Basal reinforcement of embankments
- Veneer reinforcement
- Reinforcement of granular road base and subbase
- Area stabilization
- Trackbed stabilization
- Load transfer platforms